Summer is the hottest season of the year, and it affects the whole body. As the summer season starts, we see rising temperatures and severe heat waves. We observe summer’s effect on health in one way or other. In this article, we are going to provide you with a list of the 5 most common and prevailing summer diseases and how to prevent them.
There are many ways to stay healthy in summer however, the illness rate increases in summer due to high temperatures, and many other factors can also be included. It is not only hard to bear the hot temperature but also deals with several common diseases in summer. There are great chances for dehydration in summer which can lead to illness.
Food Poisoning is a common summer disease. It is caused by the uptake of stained or spoiled food. Overheating in the summer season can spoil the food quickly as it provides suitable conditions for bacteria to grow on the food.
- Upsetting stomach.
- Fever in some cases.
- Cook food properly to reduce the chances of it getting spoiled.
- Use a refrigerator to preserve the leftover food from spoilage.
- During cooking, keep the internal temperature pretty good to kill the bacteria.
- Separate the raw material from your other food in the shopping cart.
It is a severe Heat-related disease when the body cannot control the internal temperature. The natural sweating process plays a crucial role in cooling down the body. In the case of this common disease in the summer season, the process of getting it fails. The best body is unable to cool down.
- One might prey on a coma.
- The internal body temperature gets very high.
- Skin becomes hot and dry.
- Fatalities can also take place if the treatment is delayed.
- Drink plenty of water and drink fluids.
- One should wear lightweight and light-colored clothes.
- Maintain your weight.
- In sick conditions, you need to take special care of yourself.
Jaundice is considered a common waterborne disease mainly caused by the accumulation of contaminated food and water. This common disease in the summer season disturbs the functioning of the liver and results in the overproduction of bile. Its precaution is included in tips to stay healthy in summer.
- Abdominal pain takes place.
- Urinated urine is dark-colored due to the overproduction of bile.
- The Colour of your skin changes if you have jaundice.
- Chills and Fever occur.
- Eat food and use those drinks, which improve digestion.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight.
- Control and manage the amount of cholesterol in a narrow range.
- Check healthy fruits as much as your health allows.
Measles-Common disease in Summer
An acute viral respiratory illness is called measles. It is the most common summer disease. The spreading rate of this disease is faster in summer because paramyxovirus, which causes measles, produces on a large scale in summer. It affects other parts of the body, such as your brain, lungs, and other organs. Hence, it is a dangerous disease that gradually affects your whole body if left untreated.
- Runny nose.
- Watery eyes.
- Red rashes on the skin usually start from the head and then spread downward.
- Tiredness takes place.
- Getting vaccinated is the best way.
Mumps is not a Common Summer disease but a severe and contagious disease that can be spread when a disease containing a patient sneezes or coughs. It mainly occurs in children. There are swelling and salivary glands in the face that cause pain for a person suffering from Mumps.
- Muscle aches.
- Difficulty in chewing something.
- Discomfort takes place in salivary glands and parotid glands.
- Swollen glands occur.
- As it is a highly contagious disease, the only protection is getting vaccinated against it.
These health tips in the summer season will help you enjoy your life in summer while being safe and sound. Most common diseases in summer are mentioned with precautions to guide you on the way to keep you healthy in the summer season. We dearly hope that this article will help you to stay healthy in summer and enjoy life.