Since the start of the year 2020, the world is facing a severe and massive Corona Virus outbreak and millions of people across the globe were affected. There was a major blow to the global economy which put an end to many small scale businesses.
with time the people started to shift their businesses online and make their presence so that they can reach their customers to make their living. The use of social media is one of the best ways to reach people of your interest and one name out of these platforms is WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is the most popular texting and video calling mobile Application having over more than 2 Billion Users in the world. The WhatsApp application is now owned by Facebook. Recently the Facebook introduced its new version for the business community with the name WhatsApp business.
In this blog post, I will show you What makes WhatsApp Business different from WhatsApp application? How do the features make both apps unique in one way or another?
So lets get started !
Difference between whatsApp and whatsApp business
Since, it is very important to keep personal and professional life separate, introducing WhatsApp Business is a welcome decision by Facebook. WhatsApp for Business is completely different from the standard version of WhatsApp.
This is a popular mobile application used all over the world for chatting and video calling purposes and is considered as an important part of our social network. Main features include
- Text Messages
- Voice Calling
- video calling
- Location sharing
- Photos and Videos sharing
- Contact Sharing and others.
Whereas WhatsApp Business is a new application launched by WhatsApp with many additional and different features.
It is mainly aimed at small business owners. The core purpose of WhatsApp Business is to make a link amongst businesses and customers rather than family and friends. The reason for designing such an application is to connect clients with their customers and make it easy for them to deal with their orders
WhatsApp Business Features
- WhatsApp Business logo is the very first and clear difference which is visual such that the phone symbol in WhatsApp is replaced by ‘B’ in case of WhatsApp Business.
- Though the user interface is quite similar in both applications along with the working. Facebook has mainly launched the WhatsApp Business application for business purposes.
- A proper business profile information is a must for creating a WhatsApp Business account. It requires telling about the company’s website, location, contact information, working hours, and business description.
- Clients can also send messages, answer any query, and update their customers.
- Address features such as chat migration may be made available for the sake of business. This is how customers can attain complete information about one’s business along with means of contact.
- It is possible to use both WhatsApp Business and WhatsApp on the same device but with the condition of different registered numbers.
- One of the interesting features of WhatsApp Business is that its account can be created by using a landline number whereas this is not possible for normal WhatsApp users.
- A small notification is there to let you know if you are receiving a message from standard WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business.
- WhatsApp Business is available for both Android and IOS users.
- There is a smart response tool known as Quick Reply found as one of the features of WhatsApp Business where the client can rapidly send predefined replies to their customer’s frequently asked questions.
- A greeting message is automatically sent to your new customers or after every fourteen days to the non-active customers.
- Similarly Away Message feature can be used to let your customers know your absence so they may visit the website for any kind of FAQ until any representative is active again.
- Also, the Search Filter feature makes WhatsApp Business different from standard WhatsApp.
- For the sake of payment reminders, paid or pending payments can be marked using labels.
The Facebook company says
“WhatsApp Business enables you to have a business presence on WhatsApp, communicate more efficiently with your customers, and help you grow your business.”
“With the app, businesses can interact with customers easily by using tools to automate, sort, and quickly respond to messages.”
By reading this post, i am sure you must have an insight into the difference between WhatsApp and its Business version. If you are a person with some business in hand, do check the WhatsApp business and its benefits. Enjoy